Preparing Your Company for ISO 50001
Step 1: Prepare Your Company
You need an understanding of the ISO 50001 EnMS (Energy Management System) and related family of standards as well as some basics on quality management systems and the implementation process.
These links and points should help:
- What is ISO 50001?
- What is an EnMS?
- What are the Requirements of ISO 50001 – A Clause by Clause review of the requirements
- What is the Process Approach?
- Why do companies want to become ISO 50001 Certified? What are the Benefits?
- Video: “The ISO 50001 Energy Management Standard” from ISO.org
- What ISO 500001 training is available?
When you are ready, we suggest the Complete ISO 50001 package – it includes an EnMS manual, many prepared procedures, work instructions, and internal auditor checklists.
We recommend taking the “ISO 50001 Overview” Training class. It will help you learn more about the standard, in general, and your initial steps toward certification.