Training for ISO 50001
Step 4: Effectively train the entire organization on ISO 50001
ISO 50001 has requirements for training which include that all employees understand how their role relates to the performance of the EnMS and its relevance to them.
- Train the ISO 50001 Project Manager & Team Leaders – Having your project manager trained on ISO 50001 and implementation will result in a more effective and efficient system and implementation process.
- Train All Employees
- Meet the requirements and train ALL employees on ISO 50001. Anxiety is caused by not knowing what is going on. They need an awareness of:
- What is ISO 50001 and why is your organization doing this
- How it impacts their job and how they can impact energy goals
- What opportunities there are for them to help
- Train your Teams
- Task team members will need to understand the standard in more detail to do their job correctly.
- Train Internal Auditors
- Your team of Internal Auditors will need an understanding of ISO 50001 and on ISO 50001 Internal Auditing.
Additional Training to help the project go smoothly:
Mistake-Proofing Training! Mistake-proofing involves innovative thinking coupled with a solid understanding of forced control, shutdown, warning, and sensory alert techniques and strategies. Mistake-Proofing is best taught through examples. Mistake-Proofing Training! online training includes a comprehensive background on techniques as well as the steps required to implement those techniques. But the most valuable feature of this training course is the hundreds of examples of Mistake-Proofing included throughout the training.