This instruction / checklist is intended for use in upgrading your Energy Management System for the transition from ISO 50001:2011 to ISO 50001:2018 for energy management systems (EnMS) used in all types of industries.
The above Energy Systems are compatible with each other and have common requirements.
In ISO 50001:2018, the requirements are described in:
- Clause 4 Context of the organization
- Clause 5 Leadership
- Clause 6 Planning
- Clause 7 Support
- Clause 8 Operation
- Clause 9 Performance evaluation
- Clause 10 Improvement
Previously in ISO 50001:2011, the requirements were described in:
- Clause 4.1 General requirements
- Clause 4.2 Management responsibility
- Clause 4.3 Energy policy
- Clause 4.4 Energy planning
- Clause 4.5 Implementation and operation
- Clause 4.6 Checking
- Clause 4.7 Management review
You have the ISO 50001:2011 version in place and now have the objective of upgrading the system to the ISO 50001:2018 version. The good news is that since you are familiar with formal management systems, this initiative will be relatively straightforward.
The detailed instructions focus on the areas of the documentation required for ISO 50001:2018.
- The clauses in bold numbers in the left-hand column have key changes from 2011 to 2018.
- The intent of the main clauses is shown in blue font,
- The text in italics in the 2nd right hand column indicates where requirements were included in previous ISO 50001:2011.
- Use a copy of the ISO 50001:2018 standard along with this instruction to pinpoint for your organization the areas that need attention.
- Make notes and add comments in the space available to the right and the left of the column for reference documentation.
- Use the upgrade checklist section on the right side of the table to assign the responsibility for the upgrade and to follow up on its completion.
- Throughout the 17-page checklist, reference is made to documented information and the typical procedures and P-xxx numbers that can be found in our complete EnMS documentation package, Visit https://50001store.com/ for training materials, resources, and information on energy management systems requirements.
- Includes Technical Support
- 17 page EnMS Upgrade Instructions
Which version is right for me?
- Choose ISO 50001:2018 to create a new 50001 Energy Management System.
- Choose ISO 50001:2011 to 50001:2018 EnMS instructions to modify your existing 50001 EnMS to meet the 50001:2018 requirements.