This gap analysis checklist is best suited for organizations who are seeking initial registration to the ISO standard. The checklist is a very useful tool for use in evaluating an Energy Management System (EnMS) against the requirements of the new ISO 50001:2018 standard. Each requirement is expressed as a question that the user (auditor / assessor) can use to evaluate your capabilities. You will need to have a copy of the ISO 50001 standard to use along with this checklist so that you can refer to the requirements and the clarification sections of Annex A. The intent of the main clauses of the new standard is shown in blue font.
- Once you have prepared an audit schedule and assigned responsibility to your auditors for different areas or processes to audit, copy each section of the checklist for the auditors working with that section.
- As you work through the checklist take notes on what is in place, what requirement of the standard you comply with or what percentage is completed, and what needs to be developed. Reference the procedures or other documents that you have reviewed and that will provide information for the new EnMS.
- Record the status of the documents; will they need to be revised for the new system or can they be used as is? Also note where processes are in place, but documentation is needed.
- Focus on what is in place, and what needs to be developed.
All for only $39! That’s like getting an electronic GPS for the price of a paper map!
- Includes Technical Support
- 28 Page Gap Analysis Checklist
Which version is right for me?
ISO 50001:2018 Gap Checklist is for those just creating their first ISO Management System.
If you are transitioning from ISO 50001:2011 to ISO 50001:2018, the Gap Transition Checklist provides you a map of where to copy some text from your existing EnMS, and place it in a new EnMS structure.