The gap analysis checklist becomes an effective tool for use in evaluating your Energy Management System (EnMS) against the requirements of ISO 50001:2018 as you transition from ISO 50001:2011 to the new standard.
Each requirement is expressed as a question for the user (auditor / assessor) to use in determining your capabilities. While the two versions of the standard do not line up when comparing the requirements:
- New requirements and / or new terminology are highlighted in yellow.
- The intent of the requirement clauses of the new standard is shown in blue font.
- The right-hand column in green shade is intended to provide reference / comparison / similarities to the ISO 50001:2011 requirements, and to identify and locate where in the new clauses, the former requirements are relevant.
- Comments highlighted in bold red font indicate removed requirements.
The Gap Analysis features a detailed 38-page checklist:
- Covering every section of changes from ISO 50001:2011 to ISO 50001:2018.
- Provided in editable Microsoft Word
- Guidance on what to look for to evaluate your current processes and their compliance to ISO 50001:2018.
- Space for notes
- Once you have prepared an audit schedule, and assigned responsibility to your auditors for different areas or processes to audit, copy each section of the checklist for the auditors working with that section.
- As you work through the checklist take notes on what is in place, and what needs to be developed. Reference the procedures or other documents that you have reviewed and that will provide information for the new EnMS.
- Record the status of the documents; will they need to be revised for the new system or can they be used as is? Also note where processes are in place, but documentation is needed.
- Focus on what is in place, and what needs to be developed.
- Includes Technical Support
- 38 Page Gap Analysis Checklist
Which version is right for me?
ISO 50001:2018 Gap Checklist is for those just creating their first ISO Management System.
If you are transitioning from ISO 50001:2011 to ISO 50001:2018, the Gap Transition Checklist provides you a map of where to copy some text from your existing EnMS, and place it in a new EnMS structure.